Place:


Gunthorpe  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gunthorpe like this:

GUNTHORPE, a parish in Walsingham district. Norfolk. 5½ miles SW of Holt, and 6½ ESE of Walsingham r. station. Post town, Brinningham, under Thetford. Acres, 1, 087. Real property, £2, 213. Pop., 249. Houses, 62. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Bale, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £534. Patron, the Rev. J. H. Sparke. The church has an embattled tower, and is good.

Gunthorpe through time

Gunthorpe is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Gunthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gunthorpe in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5644

Date accessed: 22nd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Gunthorpe ".