In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blaenpennal like this:
BLAENPENAL, or Llanpenal, a chapelry in Llanddewy-Brefi parish, Cardigan; on the river Aeron, 4 miles NW of Tregaron r. station, and 26 SW of Llanidloes. Post Town, Tregaron, under Carmarthen. Acres, 4,105. Real property, £1,115. Pop., 522. Houses, 107. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £84. Patrons, the Earl of Lisburne and R. Price, Esq. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Blaenpennal has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ceredigion. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Blaenpennal and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blaenpennal, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th November 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Blaenpennal".