Place:


Kelshall  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kelshall like this:

KELSHALL, a village and a parish in Royston district, Herts. The village stands 2¾ miles SE of Ashwell r. station, and 4 SW by S of Royston. The parish contains also Rooks-Hall. Post town, Royston. Acres, 2, 090. Real property, £2, 862. Pop., 318. Houses, 60. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £364. * Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient, plain, and good, with a tower; and contains a few brasses and monuments.

Kelshall through time

Kelshall is now part of North Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kelshall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kelshall in North Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5613

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kelshall ".