Place:


Canon Frome  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Canon Frome like this:

CANON-FROME, a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; on the river Frome, 2 miles N of Ashperton r. station, and 6 NW by N of Ledbury. Post Town, Bosbury, under Ledbury. Acres, 1,023. Real property, £1,278. Pop., 115. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. Canon-Frome Court is the seat of the Rev. John Hopton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £220. Patron, the Rev. John Hopton. The church was built in 1861; is in the early English style, with ornate chancel and alabaster reredos; and retains the tower of a previous church.

Canon Frome through time

Canon Frome is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Canon Frome itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Canon Frome in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5606

Date accessed: 14th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Canon Frome ".