Place:


Burrington  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burrington like this:

BURRINGTON, a parish in the district of Ludlow and county of Hereford; on the river Teme, 4½ miles NW of Wooferton r. station, and 5 WSW of Ludlow. Post Town, Leintwardine, Herefordshire. Acres, 2,580. Real property, with Aston and Downton, £3,750. Pop., 231. Houses, 42. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, 146. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was reported in 1859 to be very bad.

Burrington through time

Burrington is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burrington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burrington in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5604

Date accessed: 18th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burrington ".