Place:


Revelstoke  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Revelstoke like this:

REVELSTOKE, a parish in Plympton, St. Mary district, Devon; on the coast, 1¾ mile S E of Newton-Ferrers, and 7 S by E of Plympton r. station. It contains the fishing-village of Noss-Mayo; and its post town is Newton-Ferrers, under Ivybridge. Acres, 1, 478. Real property, £2, 221. Pop., 505. Houses, 106. The property is divided among very few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £227.* Patron, the Bishop of Exeter The church is ancient. Achapel of ease, built in 1840, is at Noss-Mayo: and there is a national school.

Revelstoke through time

Revelstoke is now part of South Hams district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Hams has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Revelstoke itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Revelstoke, in South Hams and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5602

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Revelstoke ".