Place:


Little Ellingham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Ellingham like this:

ELLINGHAM (Little), a parish in Wayland district, Norfolk; 4 miles NW of Attleborough r. station. Post town, Great Ellingham, under Attleborough. Acres, 1, 540. Real property, £2, 705. Pop., 382. Houses, 78. The property is divided among a few. A village here was of some importance at Domesday, but now is very inconsiderable. A steam corn and seed mill was recently erected. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Great Ellingham, in the dio. of Norwich. The church, soon after being restored, was destroyed by fire in 1867; and was re-restored in 1869. Charities, £45. .

Little Ellingham through time

Little Ellingham is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Ellingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Ellingham, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5584

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Ellingham ".