Place:


Hatley St George  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hatley St George like this:

HATLEY-ST. GEORGE, or Hunger-Hatley, a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge; adjacent to Beds, 2 miles SE of Gamlingay r. station, and 8 NNW of Royston. Post town, Potton, under St. Neots. Acres, 999. Real property, £1, 376. Pop., 164. Houses, 24. The manor belonged to the St. Georges, from the time of Henry III. till 1775. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £126.* Patron, T. St. Quintin, Esq. The church is of the 14th centnry; and contains memorials of the St. Georges.

Hatley St George through time

Hatley St George is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hatley St George itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hatley St George in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5542

Date accessed: 20th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hatley St George ".