Place:


Slapton  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Slapton like this:

SLAPTON, a parish, with a village, in the district of Leighton-Buzzard and county of Buckingham; 2 miles NE by N of Cheddington-Junction r. station, and 3 S by E of Leighton-Buzzard. Post town, Leighton-Buzzard. Acres, 840. Real property, £2,019. Pop., 325. Houses, 66. The property is divided among three. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £282. Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church is early English. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a parochial school, and charities £67.

Slapton through time

Slapton is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Slapton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Slapton, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5540

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Slapton ".