Place:


Sulham  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sulham like this:

SULHAM, a parish in Bradfield district, Berks; 2 miles SSE of Pangbourn r. station, and 4½ W by N of Reading. It has a post-office under Reading. Acres, 6-95. Real property, £1,196. Pop., 118. Houses, 25. S. House is the seat of the Rev. J. Wilder. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £198.* Patron, F. Wilder, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1838.

Sulham through time

Sulham is now part of West Berkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Berkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sulham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sulham in West Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5536

Date accessed: 19th October 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sulham ".