Place:


Ambleston  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ambleston like this:

AMBLESTON, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; on an affluent of the river Cleddy, 5 miles NNW of Clarbeston-road r. station, and 8 NNE of Haverfordwest. Post Town, Haverfordwest. Acres, 3,956. Real property, £2,980. Pop., 524. Houses, 118. The Roman station Ad Vigesimum, on the Via Julia Maritima, occurs about a mile NE of the church, and bears popularly the name of Castle Flemish. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £183. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.

Ambleston through time

Ambleston is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ambleston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ambleston in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5533

Date accessed: 23rd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ambleston ".