In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Bedfont like this:
BEDFONT (East), a village and a parish in Staines district, Middlesex. The village stands adjacent to the Southwestern railway, near Feltham station, 3½ miles ENE of Staines; and has a post office, of the name of Bedfont, under Hounslow. The parish includes also the hamlet of Hatton. Acres, 1,856. Real property, £6,497. Pop., 1,150. Houses, 237. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London. Value, £288.* Patron, the Bishop of London. The church is ancient, has a Saxon porch, and has been enlarged and improved. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing East Bedfont has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Hounslow. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering East Bedfont and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Bedfont, in Hounslow and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "East Bedfont".