Place:


Hedgerley  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hedgerley like this:

HEDGERLEY, a village and a parish in Eton district, Bucks. The village stands 2¾ miles SE of Beaconsfield, and 5 N of Slough r. station; and has a post office under Slough. The parish comprises 1, 065 acres. Real property, £1, 519. Pop., 153. Houses, 32. The property is divided among a few. ...


The manor, with Hedgerley Park, belongs to R. R. Clayton, Esq. The mansion of Hedgerley Park is a handsome edifice, with Doric pillars from the portico of old Lady Place. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £155. Patron, Edward Baylis, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1852: has a tower; and contains an ancient circular font, and a palimpsest brass of Abbot Totyngton.

Hedgerley through time

Hedgerley is now part of South Bucks district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Bucks has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hedgerley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hedgerley, in South Bucks and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5495

Date accessed: 15th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hedgerley ".