Place:


Monxton  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Monxton like this:

MONXTON, or MONKSTON, a parish, with a small village, in Andover district, Hants; 3¾ miles WSW of Andover r. station. Post town, Andover. Acres, 1,141. Real property, with Amport, Cholderton, and Sarson, £6,988. Rated property of M. alone, £1,294. Pop., 275. Houses, 58. The property belongs to King's College, Cambridge. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £338.,* Patron, King's College, Cambridge. The church has a tower, with slated spire, and is good.

Monxton through time

Monxton is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Monxton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Monxton, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5490

Date accessed: 10th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Monxton ".