Place:


Billingford  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Billingford like this:

BILLINGFORD, or Pirleston, a parish in Depwade district, Norfolk; on the river Waveney, 1 mile E of Scole, and 2 SE of Diss r. station. Post Town, Scole. Acres, 1,820. Real property, £1,589. Pop., 199. Houses, 46. The property is not much divided. The manor Belonged to Sir S. Burley, the Black Prince's favourite, executed in 1388. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Little Thorpe, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £264. Patron, G. Wilson, Esq. The church is good.

Billingford through time

Billingford is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Billingford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Billingford in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5479

Date accessed: 16th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Billingford ".