Place:


Morley St Peter  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Morley St Peter like this:

MORLEY-ST.PETER, a parish in Forehoe district, Norfolk; 3 miles NNE of Attleborough r. station, and 3½ SW of Wymondham. Post town, Wymondham. Acres, 1,015. Real property, £1,956. Pop., 1 47. Houses, 34. The property is divided among a few. Morley House and much of the land belong to J. B. G. Browne, Esq. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Morley-St. Botolph, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is good; and consists of nave and chancel, with a low tower.

Morley St Peter through time

Morley St Peter is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Morley St Peter itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Morley St Peter in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5476

Date accessed: 23rd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Morley St Peter ".