In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Upper Eldon like this:
ELDON, a parish in Stockbridge district, Hants; near the Andover railway, 3¼ miles S of Stockbridge. Post town, Stockbridge, under Winchester. Acres, 276. Pop., 13. House, 1. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, not reported. Patron, John Hussey, Esq. The church is in ruins.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Upper Eldon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Test Valley. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Upper Eldon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Upper Eldon, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Upper Eldon".