Place:


Burlingham St Peter  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burlingham St Peter like this:

BURLINGHAM-ST. PETER, a parish in Blofield district, Norfolk; 3¼ miles W by S of Acle, and 2 ENE of Brundall r. station. Post Town, Burlingham, under Norwich. Acres, 405. Real property, £1,081. Pop., 80. Houses, 18. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £145. Patron, H. N. Burroughes, Esq. The church has a figured stone pulpit; and is good. Talbot, the antiquary, was rector.

Burlingham St Peter through time

Burlingham St Peter is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burlingham St Peter itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burlingham St Peter, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5454

Date accessed: 13th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burlingham St Peter ".