Place:


Beaumont  Cumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beaumont like this:

BEAUMONT, a parish in Carlisle district, Cumberland; on the river Eden, the Roman wall, and the Carlisle and Silloth railway, in the vicinity of Burgh station, 5 miles NW of Carlisle. Post Town, Burgh-by-Sands, under Carlisle. Acres, 1,470. Real property, £2,306. Pop., 287. Houses, 56. The property is sub-divided. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Kirk-Andrews-upon-Eden, in the diocese of Carlisle. The church is small and plain.

Beaumont through time

Beaumont is now part of Carlisle district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carlisle has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Beaumont itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beaumont, in Carlisle and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5436

Date accessed: 23rd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Beaumont ".