Place:


Ringway  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ringway like this:

RINGEY, or Ringway, a chapelry in Bowdon parish, Cheshire; adjacent to the river Bollin, 3 miles W of Hand forth r. station, and 3½ S E of Altrincham. It was constituted in 1863; and its post town is Altrincham, Cheshire. Pop., 650. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £118.* Patron, Lord Egerton. The church was rebuilt in 1720, and was recentlyrestored.

Ringway through time

Ringway is now part of Manchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Manchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ringway itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ringway, in Manchester and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5429

Date accessed: 19th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ringway ".