Place:


Holme St Cuthbert  Cumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Holme St Cuthbert like this:

HOLME-ST. CUTHBERT, a township chapelry in Holme-Cultram parish, Cumberland; on the coast, 4 miles N by W of Aspatria r. station, and 5 S of Silloth. Post town, Allonby, under Maryport. Real property, £6, 362. Pop., 821. Houses, 148. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to R. E. Standish, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £100. Patron, the Incumbent of Holme-Cultram. The church is tolerable.

Holme St Cuthbert through time

Holme St Cuthbert is now part of Allerdale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Allerdale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Holme St Cuthbert itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Holme St Cuthbert, in Allerdale and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5420

Date accessed: 19th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Holme St Cuthbert ".