Place:


Wrestlingworth  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wrestlingworth like this:

WRESTLINGWORTH, a parish, with a village, in Biggleswade district, Beds; 2¾ miles ESE of Potton r. station. It has a post-office under St. Neots. Acres, 1,620. Real property, £2,441. Pop., 657. Houses, 139. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £150.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is early English and good. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £61.

Wrestlingworth through time

Wrestlingworth is now part of Mid Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wrestlingworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wrestlingworth in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5417

Date accessed: 14th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wrestlingworth ".