In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfachreth like this:
LLANFACHRETH, a village and a parish in the district and county of Anglesey. The village stands on the river Alaw, near Holyhead bay, 4 miles E of Holyhead; and has a post office under Holyhead. The parish comprises 1,497 acres of land, and 390 of water. Real property, £1,825. Pop., 532. Houses, 118. The property is divided among a few. Much of the land is under cultivation. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacies of Llanynghenedl and Llanfigael, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £638. * Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Mackraeth, and was reported in 1859 as bad.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanfachreth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of the Isle of Anglesey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanfachreth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfachreth in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th November 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanfachreth".