Place:


Acton Round  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Acton Round like this:

ACTON-ROUND, a parish in Bridgnorth district, Salop; near Wenlock Edge, 5 miles W by S of Linley r. station, and 6½ WNW of Bridgnorth. Post Town, Bur ton under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 2,126. Rated property, £1,400. Pop., 173. Houses, 36. Sir F. R. E. Acton, Bart., of Aldenham Hall, is the chief proprietor; and Cardinal Acton belonged to his family. ...


The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £85. Patron, Sir F. R. E. Acton. The church is ancient and cruciform, has a small tower, contains three fine monuments of the Acton family, and was recently restored.

Acton Round through time

Acton Round is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Acton Round itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Acton Round, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5387

Date accessed: 17th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Acton Round ".