Place:


Letterston  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Letterston like this:

LETTERSTON, a village and a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke. The village stands on a branch of the river Cleddan 7 miles NW by N of ClarbestonRoad r. station, and 9 N by W of Haverfordwest; and has a post office under Haverfordwest. The parish comprises 2,216 acres. Real property, £1,440. ...


Pop., 511. Houses, 120. The property is much subdivided. The manor belonged anciently to the Lettards. Heathfield Lodge is a chief residence. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Llanfair-Naut-y-Gof, in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £387.,* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good, and contains an effigies of a Lettard.

Letterston through time

Letterston is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Letterston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Letterston in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5366

Date accessed: 19th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Letterston ".