Place:


Allhallows  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Allhallows like this:

ALLHALLOWS, or Hoo-Allhallows, a parish in Hoo district, Kent; on the Thames, 8½ miles NE of Strood r. station. Post Town, Hoo under Rochester. Acres, 5,165; of which 2,705 are water. Real property, £3,689. Pop., 236. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. The coastguard station of Yantlet Creek is on the shore. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £247. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Rochester. The church is very good.

Allhallows through time

Allhallows is now part of Medway district. Click here for graphs and data of how Medway has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Allhallows itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Allhallows, in Medway and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5365

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Allhallows ".