Place:


St Just in Roseland  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Just in Roseland like this:

JUST-IN-ROSELAND (ST.), a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Truro district, Cornwall. The village stands on St. Just creek, on the E side of Falmouth harbour, 3 ½ miles by water NE of Falmouth r. station, and 7 SSE of Truro; and has a post office, of the name of St Just Lane, under Grampound, Cornwall. ...


The parish contains also the town castle of St. Mawes. Acres 4, 192; of which 1590 are water. Real property £4, 190 Pop., 1546. Houses, 337. Part of the land belonged to St. Anthony's priory. St. Just creek has, at its mouth, the old Lazaretto station of Falmouth harbour; and includes St. Just's Pool, where vessels used to perform quarantine. Traces of an old circular fort are on

St Just in Roseland through time

St Just in Roseland is now part of Carrick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carrick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Just in Roseland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Just in Roseland, in Carrick and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5363

Date accessed: 18th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Just in Roseland ".