Place:


Wigginton  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wigginton like this:

WIGGINTON, a parish, with a village, in Berkhampstead district, Herts; 17 mile SSW of Tring r. station. Post town, Tring. Acres, 1,662. Real property, £2,719. Pop., 641. Houses, 135. The manor belongs to the Harcourt family. Champneys is the seat of D. Sutton, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £200. Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church was recently repaired and enlarged. There are a national school, and some charities.

Wigginton through time

Wigginton is now part of Dacorum district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dacorum has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wigginton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wigginton, in Dacorum and Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5361

Date accessed: 22nd November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wigginton ".