Place:


Hodgeston  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hodgeston like this:

HODGESTON, a parish in the district and county of Pembroke; near Freshwater bay, 1 mile SE of Lamphey r. station, and 3 ESE of Pembroke. Post town, Lamphey, under Pembroke. Acres, 709. Real property, £741. Pop. in 1851, 78; in 1861, 43. Houses, 9. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. ...


Davids. Value, £105. Patron, R. E. Arden, Esq. The church has a very beautiful decorated English chancel, and a very slender steeple; contains some richly canopied sedilia, and a double piscina; and was recently in very bad condition. Archbishop Young was a native.

Hodgeston through time

Hodgeston is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hodgeston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hodgeston in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5360

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hodgeston ".