Place:


Haverbrack  Westmorland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Haverbrack like this:

HAVERBRACK, a township in Beetham parish, Westmoreland; on the river Kent, 1½ mile SW of Milnthorpe. Acres, 923; of which 268 are water. Real property, £1, 013. Pop., 77. Houses, 17. The manor belonged to Conishead priory; was given, at the dissolution, to the Thornburghs; and passed to the Wilsons. Dallam Tower, the seat of the Thornburghs, was rebuilt in 1720, by the Wilsons.

Haverbrack through time

Haverbrack is now part of South Lakeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lakeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Haverbrack itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Haverbrack, in South Lakeland and Westmorland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5352

Date accessed: 25th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Haverbrack ".