Place:


Scoulton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Scoulton like this:

SCOULTON, a parish, with a village, in Wayland district, Norfolk; 3¾ miles E of Watton r. station. Post-town, Watton. Acres, 2, 193. Real property, £3, 253. Pop., 329. Houses, 70. The property is divided among four. A sheet of water here, 2 miles in circuit, has aswampy island with a breeding-place of gulls, and belongs to J. Weyland, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £482.* Patron, J. Weyland, Esq. The church is ancient, and has a tower and octagonal lantern.

Scoulton through time

Scoulton is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Scoulton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Scoulton, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5335

Date accessed: 17th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Scoulton ".