In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingsterndale like this:
STERNDALE (Kings), a chapelry in Bakewell, Hope, and Hartington parishes, Derby; 3 miles SSE of Buxton r. station. It was constituted in 1851, and its Post town is Buxton. Pop., 200. Houses, 32. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £78. Patron, Mrs. Pickford.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kingsterndale has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of High Peak. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kingsterndale and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingsterndale, in High Peak and Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kingsterndale".