Place:


Stanton by Bridge  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanton By Bridge like this:

STANTON-BY-BRIDGE, a parish in Shardlow district, Derbyshire; 4½ miles E by S of Willington r. station, and 6 S by E of Derby. It has a post-office under Derby. Acres, 1,770. Real property, £2,013. Pop., 185. Houses, 36. The manor belongs to Sir J. H. Crewe, Bart., and Sir R. Burdett, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £345.* Patron, Sir J. H. Crewe, Bart. The church was restored in 1866. Charities for this parish and Shuttington, £287.

Stanton by Bridge through time

Stanton By Bridge is now part of South Derbyshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Derbyshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanton By Bridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanton by Bridge in South Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5250

Date accessed: 22nd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanton By Bridge ".