Place:


Whitbourne  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whitbourne like this:

WHITBOURNE, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; on the river Teme, 5 miles ENE of Bromyard, and 6 WNW of Bransford-Road r. station. Post town, Worcester. Acres, 3,056. Real property, £5,058. Pop., 891. Houses, 177. The property is subdivided. W. Court was once a palace of the Bishops of Hereford. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £533.* Patron, the Bishop of H. The church was restored in 1865. Charities, £16.

Whitbourne through time

Whitbourne is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whitbourne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whitbourne in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5234

Date accessed: 18th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whitbourne ".