Place:


Cranford  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cranford like this:

CRANFORD, a parish in Staines district, Middlesex; on the right bank of the river Crane, opposite Cranford village. It contains the village of Cranford-Bridge; and its post town is Cranford, under Hounslow, London, W. Acres, 721. Real property, £3, 155. Pop., 530. Houses, 93. The manor belonged once to the Knights of St. ...


John, and to Thame abbey; and belongs now to Earl Fitzhardinge. Cranford Park is the Earl's seat. The living is a rectory in the diocese of London. Value, £250. Patron, Lord Fitzhardinge. The church is Norman; and has monuments of the Astons, the Berkeleys, and Dr. Thomas Fuller, author of the "Church History. " Charities, £8. Dr. Fuller and Bishop Wilkins were rectors.

Cranford through time

Cranford is now part of Hillingdon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hillingdon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cranford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cranford, in Hillingdon and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5232

Date accessed: 11th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cranford ".