Place:


Disserth  Radnorshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Disserth like this:

DISSERTH, a village and a parish in the district of Builth and county of Radnor. The village stands on the river Ithon, under the Carneddau hills, 1½ mile E of Newbridge-on-Wye r. station, and 5 N by W of Builth. The parish includes also the village of Howey and the township of Trecoed. ...


Post town, Builth. Acres, 6, 650. Real property, £2, 994. Pop., 521. Houses, 97. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Bettws-Disserth, in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £310. Patron, the Bishop of St. Davids. The church is excellent.

Disserth through time

Disserth is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Disserth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Disserth, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5194

Date accessed: 11th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Disserth ".