In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burnham Sutton like this:
BURNHAM-SUTTON-CUM-BURNHAM-ULPH, a parish in Docking district, Norfolk; ¾ of a mile S of Burnham-Westgate r. station, and 6 W by S of Wells. Post Town, Burnham, under Lynn. Acres, 1,452. Real property, £2,161. Pop., 380. Houses, 85. The property is divided among a few. The present parish comprises two ancient parishes. The living of Burnham-Sutton is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Burnham-Overy, and with half of the rectories of Burnham-Norton and Burnham-Ulph, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £700.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good. The other half of the rectory of Burnham-Ulph is annexed to the rectory of Burnham-Westgate. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Burnham Sutton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Burnham Sutton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burnham Sutton in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th October 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Burnham Sutton".