Place:


North Waltham  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Waltham like this:

WALTHAM (North), a parish in Basingstoke district, Hants; 6½ miles SW of Basingstoke r. station. It has a post-office under Mitcheldever Station. Acres, 1,938. Real property, £2,114. Pop., 484. Houses, 107. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £379.* Patron, the Bishop of W. The church is good; and there are a Methodist chapel, and charities £13.

North Waltham through time

North Waltham is now part of Basingstoke and Deane district. Click here for graphs and data of how Basingstoke and Deane has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Waltham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Waltham, in Basingstoke and Deane and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5174

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Waltham ".