Place:


Bullington  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bullington like this:

BULLINGTON, a parish in Andover district, Hants; on an affluent of the river Test, 4 miles WNW of Mitcheldever r. station, and 4½ S of Whitchurch. Post Town, Barton-Stacey, under Winchester. Acres, 1,623. Real property, with Tufton, £3,134. Pop., 171. Houses, 37. The property is divided among a few. Bullington House is an old mansion. A Roman camp is at Tilbury Hill; and Roman antiquities have been found there. The living is a vicarage united with the vicarage of Tufton, in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £260.* Patron, W. Iremonger, Esq. The church is good.

Bullington through time

Bullington is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bullington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bullington, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5164

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bullington ".