In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Carleton like this:
CARLTON (East), a parish in Henstead district, Norfolk; on the Norfolk railway, near Hethersett station, 4½ miles E of Wymondham. Post Town, Hethersett, under Wymondham. Acres, 1,213. Real property, £2,400. Pop., 244. Houses, 56. The property is divided among a few. There were formerly two parishes, St. Mary and St. Peter. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £176. Patron, Mr. Peter Day. The church is very good.
East Carleton is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Carleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Carleton in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Carleton ".