Place:


Alburgh  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Alburgh like this:

ALBURGH, a parish in Depwade district, Norfolk; on an affluent of the river Waveney, near the Bungay railway, 3½ miles NNE of Harleston. It has a post office under Harleston, and a fair on 21 June. Acres, 1,512. Real property, £3,699. Pop., 587. Houses, 130. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £395.* Patron, St. John's College, Cambridge. The church has a large Norman porch. There are a national school, and charities £240.

Alburgh through time

Alburgh is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Alburgh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Alburgh in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5157

Date accessed: 21st November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Alburgh ".