Place:


Hedenham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hedenham like this:

HEDENHAM, a village and a parish in Loddon district, Norfolk. The village stands on the SE border of the county, 3 miles NW by N of Bungay r. station; and has a post office under Bungay. The parish comprises 1, 770 acres. Real property, £2, 516. Pop., 280. Houses, 59. The property is divided among a few. ...


Hedenham Hall is a chief residence. The manor belongs to F. W. Irby, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £458.* Patron, J. L. Bedingfield, Esq. The church is good; has a square tower; and contains monuments of the Bedingfields and the Garneys. There are a national school, and charities £89. Two Roman urns were found in 1858.

Hedenham through time

Hedenham is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hedenham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hedenham in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5149

Date accessed: 23rd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hedenham ".