Place:


St Pinnock  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Pinnock like this:

PINNOCK (St.), a parish in Liskeard district, Cornwall; adjacent to the Cornwall railway, 3¼ miles W by S of Liskeard r. station; and 1¼ S of Doublebois r. station. Post-town, Liskeard. Acres, 3, 487. Real property, £2, 464; of which £350 are in mines. Pop., 571. Houses, 104. ...


The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £285.* Patrons, A. Coryton, Esq., the Rev. E. J. Treffry, and the Rev. J. Rawlings. The church is very ancient, and has a tower. There are chapels for Bible Christians and Calvinistic Methodists, and a free school.

St Pinnock through time

St Pinnock is now part of Caradon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Caradon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Pinnock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Pinnock, in Caradon and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5112

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Pinnock ".