Place:


Waberthwaite  Cumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Waberthwaite like this:

WABERTHWAITE, a parish in Bootle district, Cumberland; 1½ mile S by E of Ravenglass r. station. It has a post-office under Whitehaven. Acres, 1,901. Real property, £1,162. Pop., 198. Houses, 42. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £131.* Patron, Lord Muncaster. The church is good. Charities, £5.

Waberthwaite through time

Waberthwaite is now part of Copeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Copeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Waberthwaite itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Waberthwaite, in Copeland and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5079

Date accessed: 19th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Waberthwaite ".