Place:


Camros  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Camros like this:

CAMROSE, or Camrhos, a village and a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke. The village stands on an affluent of the river Cleddy, 3¼ miles NNW of Haverfordwest r. station; and has a post office under Haverfordwest, and fairs on 13 Feb. and 12 Nov. The parish includes also the villages of Keston, Wolfsdale, and Pelcomb. ...


Acres, 8,129. Real property, £6,348. Pop., 1,126. Houses, 241. The property is much subdivided. Camrose House is the seat of H. W. Bowen, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £80.* Patron, H. W. Bowen, Esq. The church is not good. There are two dissenting chapels.

Camros through time

Camros is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Camros itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Camros in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5063

Date accessed: 27th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Camros ".