Place:


Chicheley  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chicheley like this:

CHICHELEY, or Chichley, a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; on an affluent of the river Ouse, 2½ miles NE of Newport-Pagnell r. station, and 6½ NE by E of Wolverton. Post town, Newport-Pagnell. Acres, 1, 620. Real property, £2, 892. Pop., 265. Houses, 55. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with Chicheley Hall, built in 1769, belongs to M. Chester, Esq. The parish is a meet for the Oakley hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £116.* Patron,M. Chester, Esq. The church is early English and good.

Chicheley through time

Chicheley is now part of Milton Keynes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Milton Keynes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chicheley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chicheley, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5039

Date accessed: 21st July 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chicheley ".