Place:


Bradenham  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bradenham like this:

BRADENHAM, a parish in Wycombe district, Bucks; on the Chilterns, 3½ miles NW by N of High Wycombe r. station. Post Town, High Wycombe. Acres, 1,001. Real property. £1,438. Pop., 185. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. Bradenham House belonged formerly to Lord Windsor, and was visited by Queen Elizabeth in 1566; was the death-place, in 1848, of D'Israeli, the author of "Curiosities of Literature;" and is now the seat of the Rev. John Graves. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £224.* Patron, the Rev. John Graves. The church is good.

Bradenham through time

Bradenham is now part of Wycombe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wycombe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bradenham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bradenham, in Wycombe and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5036

Date accessed: 11th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bradenham ".