Place:


Blaenhonddan  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blaenhonddan like this:

BLAENHONDDAN, a hamlet in Cadoxton parish. Glamorgan; in the Vale of Neath, 2½ miles NE of Neath. It includes the village of Cadoxton. Real property, £11,461; of which £6,550 are in mines, and £200 in iron-works. Pop., 1,661. Houses, 314. The inhabitants are chiefly employed in copper mines.

Blaenhonddan through time

Blaenhonddan is now part of Neath Port Talbot district. Click here for graphs and data of how Neath Port Talbot has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blaenhonddan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blaenhonddan, in Neath Port Talbot and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5032

Date accessed: 22nd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blaenhonddan ".