Place:


Kinderton  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kinderton like this:

KINDERTON-WITH-HULME, a township in Middlewich parish, Cheshire; immediately E of the town of Middlewich. Acres, 1, 637. Real property, £3, 936; of which £110 are in gas works-Pop., 477. Houses, 101. The manor belonged anciently to the Venables, passed to the Vernons, and belongs now to J. ...


F. France, Esq. A house erected by the Minshalls is here, and bears date 1616. Kinderton is generally believed to be the Condate of the Romans; a Roman road, called Kind street or King street, went from it to Manchester; and other roads went hence to Chesterton, Wroxeter, Chester, and Warrington. A Danish camp of 10 acres is at Harbours Field, between the rivers Croco and Dane.

Kinderton through time

Kinderton is now part of Congleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Congleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kinderton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kinderton, in Congleton and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5016

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kinderton ".