Place:


Potsgrove  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Potsgrove like this:

POTSGROVE, a parish in Woburn district, Beds; 2 miles S of Woburn, and 4¼ S by E of Woburn-Sands r.station. Post-town, Woburn. Acres, 1, 385. Real property, £1, 993. Pop., 298. Houses, 66. The property is divided among three. The manor belongs to Sir E. P. Turner-Bart. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Battlesden, in diocese of Ely. The church is modern. Charities, £9.

Potsgrove through time

Potsgrove is now part of Mid Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Potsgrove itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Potsgrove in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4989

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Potsgrove ".